The UroCuff Test is the ONLY non-invasive pressure-flow study for patients complaining of lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS). These symptoms may
present as urinary urgency, urinary frequency, nocturia, and a sensation of incomplete emptying. The UroCuff provides physiologic data so your
doctor could better diagnose and treat your voiding symptoms.
- Drink 24 oz of water 30 minutes before your appointment to ensure you arrive with Comfortable full bladder.
- If you have problem holding urine please arrive earlier at the day of your appointment and drink water.
During the Procedure
- A small cuff, similar to a blood Pressure cuff, will be placed around your penis as well as surface electrodes will placed on your Abdomen
and /or perineum.
- You will be asked to void into a portable toilet.
- While you are voiding, the cuff slowly inflates until stops the urine flow. The cuff will then deflate and you will begin void again.
- The inflations intervals will continue until you’ve emptied your bladder completely.
- The whole procedure is noninvasive and last a couple of minutes.
After the procedure
There are no known serious risks associated with this procedure. A small percentage of patient reported minimal discomfort after the procedure but usually
resolves spontaneously throughout the day.
Print a copy of the instructions